Saturday 14 April 2012

Epicurean: Macarons and Chiaroscuro

The box of deliciousness!!! 6 yummy assorted macarons in a box!!! My fav all time flavor has to be pistachio and chocolate and rose!!! It was delectable!! I DO NOT OWN THIS PICTURE, THIS PICTURE BELONGS TO GROUPON MALAYSIA. (I finished the box of macarons before I even made it home for some picture taking!) Sorry, I'm a glut!

I DO NOT OWN THIS PICTURE. THIS PICTURE BELONGS TO EPICUREAN CUISINE AND PATISSERIE/CHEF DAVID LEE. This is the absolutely gorgeous looking Chiaroscuro (Whole) and when I saw the picture, I really wanted to try it.

Chef David was nice enough to make one for me and the best part? Deliver it together with my 1 box of Macarons!!! Normally, he takes 3 days to make a cake so, if you're interested, do book early!

Presentation did not disappoint even with a tiny slice! I was actually expecting a slice (like normal bakery!) but I did not expect to be blown away by a cute, little, teeny cake so perfect, i could protect it with my life!!! Even my mom was impressed!

I never believed in eating cakes straight from the box, I'm quite the cake snob! If you know how much I love cakes, you should know I absolutely believe in slicing it, laying it down on fine China and enjoying it from the plate like civil people do!

this is the tiny version of the Chiaroscuro. I cannot tell you how delicious the cake is. I'm a sucker for 2 things; Cake and Chocolates. This cake is creamy, rather mousse like and you can tell that he used the finest chocolate because normal chocolates do not taste like chocolates. The cake is not sweet like most cakes from the bakeries, rather it has a tinge of creaminess with even my mom loves. I think it has to be the Panna Cotta.

Chiaroscuro: Chocolate sponge, dark chocolate mousse, and vanilla panna cotta. If you're expecting normal cakes, you won't find it here... You find a whole different type of cakes that you've never heard of and it's only for the adventurous and dessert appreciation society!

I know it's sinful but I cannot resist, I find myself thinking about the cake when I'm watching TV, sneaking little tiny slices of the cake and using the cake as a reward for finishing my assignments (Which I'm currently knee deep in! But that's a different story!) and I absolutely melt for the cake.

For you who are reading my blog right now, do go to Epicurean Facebook, LIKE THE PAGE and go through the Photo Album and browse till your mouth water at the delicious desserts and contact Chef david to place an order.

Simple as that. He's a really nice and friendly guy, trust me. he won't bite.

Till then,

~La Undomestic Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment