Tuesday 17 April 2012

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie










Went to Levain for dinner with Madrekins yesterday before my Terrorism class at Chulan Tower at 6:30PM... I rarely get to eat out when I have classes because The Parentals will rush from the office, send me to school and they'll have dinner together while I'm in class. So, I normally prepare quick meals except for today.

Today, is different because Madrekins is on leave to help me with my Passport. Anyways, we've always gone to Levain for good pastries, cakes and macarons but today, we decided to try their dinner menu. We had the Olio Aglio Seafood Pasta and the Creamy Seafood Pasta. The Olio Pasta is very delicious! It tastes like stir fried pasta with lots of seafood. I guess I still like the Creamy Seafood Pasta at Dave's than Levain.

I guess their forte is their pastries, bakery and not dinner. Menu mainly is all pasta and pizza dishes and Japanese curry. Would prefer something light like fish and Chips or chicken dishes... The pasta is not very filling and class ends at 9.30PM, I'm starving by the time I arrive home.

I had a slice of Noisette for dessert and it was good! I think fine desserts are tastefully done when used Dark Chocolate. The cake has a layer of Hazelnut Dacquoise , Dark 62% Mousse, Chocolate Flourless Cake and Pralinosa Mousse. Dark chocolate has a less sugar content and higher cacao content making it almost bitter like. i think it's an acquired taste.

Anyways, desserts here are delicious and I also like the macarons here. Do try it out, the place is perfect for tea time or breakfast.
Do check Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie out. They have a very nice website.

~La Undomestic Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment