Sunday 10 June 2012

Apple Pie Day



I woke up craving for old fashioned apple pie. Do you know how it feels? To wake up hungry and nothing can satisfy you except a good old fashioned apple pie, and i dont mean those crumbly type. A pie with a crust so buttery that it melts in your mouth, the apples with a zing of lemons and sour cream...

The classic, perfect, craving satisfaction apple pie. The best part, I baked it in less than 10 steps and within a hour, my cravings were satisfied.

I learnt how to make this perfect crust through trial and error and I can say that, it's perfect, just the way I like it... You can follow the exact crust recipe from my Apricot Pie Crust Recipe and instead of Apricots, I used green apples.

Filing: 

4 Green Apples (Thinly Sliced) 
1/3 Sour Cream 
2 tbsp Sugar 
3 tbsp Apple jelly 

1) Blend the sour cream and sugar and spead over bottom of cooled crust. 
2) Line tart shell with apples, overlapping each other inwards towards the centre of the tart. 
3) Warm jelly (Follow packet's instructions) 
4) Pour over the whole tart. 

CHILL AND SERVE. 


~La Undomestic Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment