Friday 9 August 2013

Milk & Butter, Jalan Telawi, Bangsar




This is gonna be short because on one hand, their food is absolutely delicious but on the other hand, I contracted Salmonellosis from this restaurant. I would assume that an upscale restaurant in Bangsar would take more pride in preparing their food but this place, I'M GUESSING, fed me with tainted Salmon. 

On a Saturday after work, me and Madrekins came here for dinner. She ordered Cajun Chicken and I ordered Salmon Crostini. We shared the food but Madrekins doesn't eat raw salmon so I happily finished it. Less than 3 hours later, I feel excruciating pain in my stomach and lots of wind inside. 

I went suffered all throughout Sunday by taking pain killers and sleeping the whole Sunday away. No, the pain killer didn't work at all and I couldn't sleep. The pain became more and more unbearable. On Monday, I had to go to work and beneath the smile and laughter, I experienced pain in my stomach. Every 5 or more minutes until I lost all color and glow on my face and my boss had to threaten to deduct my salary if I do not go home and see a doctor.  

This was really, really inconvenient as I had a whole day of meeting on Monday. But the pain, it's like someone twisting your stomach / gastrointestinal and releasing it and twisting it again! Imagine being in pain every 5 minutes of so!

I went to my doctor and he told me that I had tainted food for Saturday dinner. Which was Milk & Butter. I told him that I shared the food with my mom... until I remembered that my mom did not eat the salmon. 

For the next 2-3 weeks, I wasn't supposed to eat anything spicy, fried, oily, etc. I survived on Chinese soups and wraps daily. Doctor also said that raw salmon, if unfresh, would be tainted and will breed salmonella bacteria. 

I couldn't really hear him much after that because I felt like I was fainting and within a day, I was dangerously dehydrated. I had to drink 2.0-2.5 liters of water within 24 hours. 

The Fiance was extremely pleased with himself because he's a huge fan of cooking all foods and not eat raw food and he's been nagging me that the smoked, raw salmon will kill me one day. 

Well, he was very worried and once I got better, the nagging came and I'm prohibited from eating raw food anymore. 

All thanks to Milk & Butter. Also, it was partly my fault because it's not a sushi place where salmon moves very fast, this is a normal restaurant and God knows how long the salmon has been lying there. 

I don't think that their kitchen is tainted, rather, just the salmon. God also knows how pissed off I am!!

Till the next time. 

I'm not saying that you shouldn't eat here OK, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that, DO NOT order the Salmon Crostini or anything with raw salmon if you're here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment