Sunday 11 August 2013

Restoran Mahbub, Bangsar

I have to announce that this "review" might be totally biased because this is my fav restaurant and Nasi Briyani Ayam Madu is my favourite food, hands down. I was born and bred in Bangsar and through and through, I'm a Bangsar girl and I grew up eating this dish. My grandma's house was just a 3 minutes walk from the restaurant in Lucky Garden. 

So, kinda ate this once I could eat solid food when I was a toddler. And back then, it was really cheap for a plate!


The famous Nasi Briyani Ayam Madu, my favourite. The rice is very fragrant with an assortment of herbs like star anise, cinnamon sticks, fennel and etc. The chicken is basted in honey with a tad of spiciness and the meat is so soft, juicy and the marination goes all the way into the bones. 


I normally "banjir" (flood) my rice with dhal for a thick consistency and it makes the rice taste so much better! This dhal is especially for Nasi Briyani and it's thicker with big slices of carrots and potatoes. Super yummy!


This is The brother's favourite Cheese Naan. The Naan is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, surrounding a delicious cheesy goo!  Very nice!


There's something about mamak ayam goreng (fried chicken) that is so damn delicious! It's spicy with herbs and marination, juicy meat and very, very yummy!


This is a thosai and it's an acquired taste because it has a somewhat, bitter after taste. Otherwise, it's fluffy, thin and crispy and very delicious with dhal or as a wrap!

I've never wrote about Mahbub because I eat here often that I take it for granted. They're been in business since 1970 and I was born 17 years after they started their business. 

We eat here all the time, sometimes, every weekend and it's my family's fav food. This place holds a special place in my heart as well because we found our long lost relatives (The Malay side) during one of our dinners here. 

All this while, I thought there was something "off" about me. We don't conform into the Chinese category and we speak better Malay than most Malays and yes, until it occurred to us that we're not pure Chinese. We're only Chinese on my Mom's side. 

So, that explained why my family is so muhibbah! They used to say that, "Nampak macam Cina, tapi petah berbahasa Melayu!" 

Anyways, if you're ever in Bangsar, the same row as TMC and right next to CIMB, pop in here for a aphrodisiac Nasi Briyani Ayam Madu.  

No comments:

Post a Comment