Friday 2 August 2013

Little Wonton, Telawi, Bangsar

Let me start this post by saying that Little Wonton is not your quintessential cafe that you would expect to see in Jalan Telawi in Bangsar. In fact, it's nothing like those fancy upscale restaurants and cafe that are synonymous with Jalan Telawi or Bangsar.  


Little Wonton, is tucked snugly inbetween these upscale hangouts like NOSH and this is a relatively small establishment because it's half of a shoplot, making it really small, but, cosy. 


The theme is very much Shanghai pre-modern era with chairs and tables right out of a kung fu movie but surrounded by a bright, vibrant green wall! 


They even have "bar" seats where pictures that adorn the walls, look like those pictures out of old Chinese powder tins. It's small, cosy and the prices are really reasonable. The food? Read more below!


As I already had my dinner, I popped by because I heard that the chocolate banana wontons are worth dying for. My wontons were served in a really old tin filled to the brim with smoking hot, fresh out the fryer wontons!!! 

One bite into them, the crispy exterior provides a nice wrap to the sweet and warm banana and chocolate filling inside. The wontons were absolutely delicious and I never would've thought to combine wonton skin with bananas and chocolate! This wonton is highly recommended by me. 

Maybe, it's just a fail proof formula. BANANA+CHOCOLATE = SUCCESS!

It might be small, but it's really clean and spotless. I'm dying to try their charcoal noodles as well. Heard it was good. Will definitely come back for dinner/lunch. 

I will also experiment by trying to make my own versions! Wish me luck! Will definitely share the recipe once I'm successful! 

They have a wide assortment of wontons, from savoury to desserts and NO PORK!!! Yay! for my Muslim friends! 

If you do see me, do say hi!

Till the next restaurant!

Little Wonton,
9, Jalan Telawi 3,
Bangsar Baru.

No comments:

Post a Comment