Tuesday 7 February 2012

Chinese Fried Rice

For those who knows me, I'm the anti Christ to the anti Chinese. I suck real bad at being Chinese! (If that's even possible) I hate admitting that I'm a big, fat, ol banana! But once in a while, I have the urge to be Chinese. In my 24 years, I've only worn a cheong sam twice.

So, I attempted to cook Chinese Style Fried Rice cause my recent failure(s) with Pavlova/Merengues was killing me. Fried is the most easy to make dish and a great way to clear your fridge. You have some ham?, throw it in, you have some leftover rice? Great!!!

Anyways, I love my fried rice with lots eggs and this plate has 2 eggs mixed into the rice and a beautiful Sunny Side Up to top it all off. This is my recipe! No sauces, no fuss. Just simple, delicious fried rice, Chinese style. Oh, do cook it in a wok.

INGREDIENTS:
2 Cups of Rice (Preferably leftover rice)
300 Grams of Prawns (Shell removed, clean, deveined)
250 Grams of French Beans (Chopped)
2 eggs
3 Chinese Sausages. (Halved and chopped)
*You can find it in Non-Halal speciality stores like Jaya Grocer or Village Grocer. Can't find it at Jusco or Tesco.
*Do peel off the plastic that is wrapped around the sausage before cutting it.
1 packet of Maggi Nasi goreng Cina (Secret recipe!)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Fry the French Beans till cooked, then add, the prawns and Chinese Sausages.
2) Add the Rice and press down clumps of rice till it's nice and fluffy.
3) Make a hole in the middle of the wok, pour some oil and break 2 eggs (Including the yolk) in the middle and cover it with rice.
4) Start frying, mixing the eggs with the rice and everything.
5) Sprinkle the packet of Maggi Nasi Goreng Cina and fry for 2 minutes.
6) Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper.
7) Put it on a plate and it's ready to serve! If you're like me, and you love eggs, just add an extra egg and make a sunny side up and enjoy!

This recipe serves 3-4 people. Try it, it's cheap, fuss free and so convenient!

~La Undomestic Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment