Wednesday 15 February 2012

Putien, One Utama





Appetizer was the delicious, creamy Century Eggs. My BF doesn't even knows how much I love Century Eggs!!! I know it's a food right outta Bizarre Foods that Andrew Zimmern hosts. I have to say that it's an acquired taste and it's damn unhealthy!!!

The next appetizer is this Shredded Meat with Bun. The minute you bite into it, the juice and the tender meat explodes with the slightly sweet and salty taste of the bun and it's like the 4th of July in your mouth!!! This was by fas, our favorite dish of the day!

Madre's Sweet Potato Glass noodle. The were quite generous with the prawns, clams and veggies but I somehow, do not really like the texture of the noodle. It's springy and I almost choked on it 2-3 times! This dish is very "cheng" meaning that it's healthy. Clear, flavorful broth and not fried. It's delicious though, I just did not like the noodles.

I ordered the Seafood Fried Rice and this was the most disappointing dish. We had compared it to Din Tai Fung's Seafood Fried Rice which was heavenly and this one was well, oily and very little prawns, eggs, etc and the rice wasn't even fluffy. Another good fried rice rule is that, the rice has got to be fluffy.

This was Yan Yan's Rice Cake, I loved this dish. This dish tastes almost similar to Madre's Sweet Potato Glass noodle. Except that they used Rice Cakes, thinly sliced instead. I much preferred this dish over my fried rice. Same light, flavorful broth and generous with the prawns and clams.


 I don't like pork organs but this intestines we're the bomb. It's chewy texture, soft and aromatic, it's delicious!!! MUST HAVE!!!


This was horrible because it supposed to be crunchy but it was too hard instead. 


This was quite nice, it's like the soupy version of veggies in clear, broth soup with century eggs and the broth was very flavourful. 

The dessert was Yam Paste which Yan Yan and Madre COULD NOT resist despite complaining excessively that they were full... I don't really like Yam Paste so, I didn't try it but the verdict was, it was delicious!!!

You must be wondering about this awkward post, well, i decided to combine my cooking blog into a full fledged food blog! I'm still me and I love food and I still hate cooking but, I'm trying my best. Believe it or not, I'm cooking more because of this blog, I hate inactive blogs so, I have to force myself to cook in order to keep it updated, constantly.

My cooking skills has improved tremendously according to The BF and I'm slowly but surly beginning to get the hang of it. I now know, what works and what don't. So, when I'm not cooking or baking, I'll be out eating.

Putien is a lovely place and it's reputation exceeds them. Was excited when they open a franchise in 1 Utama. This is a great place for healthy, Chinese food with a wide range of selection. Price wise, it's OK for Chinese casual dining. The total bill was 120MYR.

The serving sizes are huge so, do bear that in mind. All the dishes above was considered SMALL.

~La Undomestic Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment