Sunday 20 January 2013

Cooking With Salmon


I'm crazy over Salmon nowadays. I find that it's the healthier alternatives to red meat and poultry and richer in oils and more nutritious. This is the salmon steak from Dome Cafe with rice. Salmon is so delicious!!! This is not bad but the price tag of 30+MYR is a little steep for lunch. 


I bought this 2 slices of salmon fillet from Jaya Grocer at 10MYR and 11 MYR per slab! Super fresh and I wanted to pan fry it with a side of salad. Just marinate it with some S&P, let it rest and if you want a little spicy, put some Cayenne Pepper flakes like I did for The Fiance's fish. 


I love Hollandaise sauce and how well it goes with salmon or egg dishes, so, after pan frying, I just heat up the bottle of hollandaise sauce (I got mine at Marks & Spencer) and it was delicious. Super simple to make and oh-so-delicious!


If you've read my previous post on Plan B and I was gushing about how much I love their Eggs Royale and how I promised that I'll attempt to make it, well, I made it. It was fast, easy and most of the time, you just assemble everything. 


The salmon i used is the precut, prepacked and cold salmon. I got mine for 11MYR at Jaya Grocer and the English Muffins was 3.50MYR for a pack of 3 from the baker's son (Jaya Grocer at Damansara Perdana) and I only used 1. I'm going to give you the recipe to make the perfect eggs benedict which is just poached eggs. 

POACHED EGG RECIPE:
1) Boil the water until it starts to simmer then add about 5ml of VINEGAR into the water and lower the heat.
2) Break the egg into a bowl first and then slowly lower it into the simmering water, allowing the water to enter the bowl and slowly pouring the eggs into the pot. 
3) Use a ladle and keep the yolk close to the whites and after a few moments, you have your pretty pretty poached egg!


This is how a perfectly poached egg SHOULD look like. 

Till the next time!

~La Undomestic Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment