Sunday 13 January 2013

Mille Crepe, Humble Beginnings.


I won these 2 vouchers from ESQUIRE Malaysia to try the Mille Crepe from Humble Beginnings. They were oh-so-generous to give me 2 vouchers for 2 regular mille crepe cakes. Prior to the vouchers arriving, me and Madrekins debated about the vouchers. We thought they were going to give us a voucher for a slice of cake not 2 whole cakes! Really appreciated their kind gesture. 


I love the design and the packaging of the box and it's simple but from the design, you can see that much thought has been put into it. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the staff at the Telawi store. They didn't understand questions like "May I know who's on the line please?" and they replied us with sentences like "You better come now, we do not know when we'll close" and after that slamming the phone down. The staff were unknowledgeable, difficult to communicate with, rude and very rude. You see, before we went to collect the cake, we wanted to know if the cake was ready for collection. The first person that picked up the phone was relatively OK and was able to confirm that the cake was indeed ready for collection. When I enquired for his name, the passed the call to Person 2 who was female and she sounded upset and was very rude and told us to, "come soon because we can close anytime" If I'm running a business and I'm also in the service line, what will the customers think? you open and close the shop to your heart's fancy? Seriously. Extremely disappointed with the service aspect that we even considered "burning" the other voucher.  


The cake that we ordered was Nutella Banana and I'm a dessert person, I've tried mille crepes of all sorts and as a traveller, I've tried mille crepes in many parts of the world. You see, mille crepe is a fascination to me, I find it so delicate and the assembling of the cake requires much finesse and experience from the ingredients used to make the crepes (paper thin) and the layering. The ingredients has to be fresh and needless to say, Humble Beginnings has mastered the art of making mille crepes to perfection. It was moist, flavorful but not too sweet, decadent but not till the point that it overwhelms you. Indeed, it was THE BEST 20 layers of decadent, milky mille crepe that I've ever tasted in my life. I pretty much tasted lots of cakes but this has got to be the best! 


If you have yet to try a decent mille crepe, I would strongly suggest that you try the cakes from Humble Beginnings. It's the most delicious cake. I'm even considering a cake from Humble Beginnings for my birthday in October. A slice of the cake puts you in heaven. I even momentarily forgot about the bad customer service. 

~La Undomestic Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment