Tuesday 1 January 2013

Dip N Dip, Telawi, Bangsar


Since we already had dinner at Bangsar Village and random people were checking into Dip N Dip at Telawi, we thought we might as well try it out since we love chocolates.

We ordered this cookie crepe where a layer of cookie base is covered with a crepe and "drizzled" with white chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate. I knees go weak at the mere mention of chocolate!!! This shop, sells everything chocolate!


As a child, I loved mixing everything with chocolate, I mix Nutella with rice, cereals, fruits and yogurt. I'm a sucker for chocolate and that explains my weight! I consumed too much chocolates. What I loved about this franchise from Syria is that, you could have chocolate fountains ala Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or Chocolate Pizza. 

You can have your milk, white or dark chocolate with fruits, wafles, crepes, cookies, pizzas, drinks, and even with a cinnamon pouch!!! The possibilities are endless.

Anyhow, I was really put off by the service. You see, it's a relatively small place with around 10 tables and the waiters were "huru hara" trying to accommodate the customers. When we finally got a table, the waiter accidentally spilled a whole hot choclate on the floor and some even splashed on my clothes but he didn't even apologize not did he clean the mess up.

All he did was cleared the broken glasses and left the mess there and we had to sit on the "clean" side of the table and one side was dirty. The mess was still there when we paid for the bill. We were just too tired to argue and make a fuss. 

We wanted to enjoy our dessert and go home. Another thing is, the service is so slow! We're not talking about a huge ass shop with 50 over tables, its just 10 tables and they can't even handle it with 5 staffs working that day. 

I guess, I'll only come back when I want death by chocolate. If not, Theobroma Chocolate Lounge will suffice for now... It's such a sad thing when you have such a great place, great menu but bad customer service. Such a waste. 

~La Undomestic Goddess

Dip N Dip,
Jalan Telawi 3.
Across Alliance Bank.


No comments:

Post a Comment