Sunday 20 January 2013

Antipodean Cafe, Telawi Bangsar


The first time I entered this cafe, I was overwhelmed by writing and prices on the wall and I soon found out that all those "writings" on the wall were in fact, the menu. The menu is scribbled all over the walls of the little cosy cafe. 


The interior of the cafe is small, cosy, rustic and minimalist. It's like those little, French cafes that are hidden gems with good food and cosy ambiance. I went there during tea so, the crowd hasn't come in yet but I heard that breakfast time, it's really busy!


Restaurants which gives free of less than 1MYR water always receives a plus from me. This who don't and forces people to buy their bottled water *ahem* NANDO'S *ahem* is just too kiam siap and I would boycott them real soon. Antipodean gives you water in this pretty "kicap" bottle. It's like a vintage novelty and I loved it. Another thing is the pretty little cup with freshly cut carnations that makes you feel like having breakfast in bed. I love little things like these. Bonus plus points! 


This was our Burmese Shredded Chicken Salad (15MYR) which doesn't taste like your average salads because they use cabbage and shredded chicken with basil leaves and little tomatoes... It's tart and acidic salad dressing is just unique. You have to try it and I loved it! 


This was the Thai Chicken Satay with Crushed Peanuts (can't remember the price) was really delicious!!! But I still prefer the normal satay peanut sauce. It would be the bomb! You see, we used to love Hj. Samuri and Restoran Malaysia for satay. But recently, the standard at Hj. Samuri dropped like the plummeting stock market and we were on the search for the next satay place. The chicken satay here is moist, juicy and flavourful on its own but I'm a typical Malaysia when it comes to malaysian food (a purist la!) and it would taste totally wonderful if it comes with the normal kuah kacang... mmm... *YUMMY*

You can try Antipodean out at:


Antipodean Cafe,
20, Jalan Telawi 2, 
Bangsar. 
Tel: 03-2282-0411

~La Undomestic Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment